Opening of NLEX Harbor Radial Road 10 Spur Link
Watch the opening of NLEX Harbor Radial Road 10 Spur Link today, June 15, 2020, at 5:00 PM. Travel time from Manila to Quezon City is now reduced from two hours to only 15 to 20 minutes.
NLEX Harbor Link Projects (New Caloocan Interchange, C3 to Mel Lopex Boulevard – Formerly R-10) is now open.
Toll fees are temporarily be waived at the newly completed C3-R10 Section of the North Luzon Expressway (NLEX) Harbor Radial Road 10 Spur Link.
Here are the features:
- 2.6-KM elevated expressway with stone mastic asphalt surfacing.
- Computerized toll collection and traffic management systems.
- Emergency parking areas with emergency call boxes.
- Variable Message Signed (VMS) and Closed Circuit TV Cameras (CCTV).
- Roadway lighting.
- Weighing stations for commercial vehicles.
- Reduced travel time from NLEX to Mel Lopez Blvd. (and vice versa) from 1 hour to only 10 minutes.
- Ensure timely and non-stop delivery of goods to and from the port area since there will be no truck ban.
- Improve local traffic situation by segregating expressway users.
- Generate jobs during the operation phase.
- Provide direct access to stimulate commercial and greater development in Camanava area.
- Reduce the incidence of road accidents due to better road pavement and traffic management.
Video courtesy of Secretary Mark Villar.