CAAP RPAS License Exam in Cagayan de Oro on July 22 – 24, 2021
Calling all drone operators in Northern Mindanao, CAAP (Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines) will be conducting RPAS (Remotely Piloted Aircraft System) license written examination in Cagayan de Oro City, Misamis Oriental on July 22 – 24, 2021. The CAAP RPAS license exam is a step closer to getting a CAAP RPAS license/certificate.
The CAAP RPAS exam in Cagayan de Oro is organized by Ultra Aerial Ventures Inc., CDO Drone Community, and Project LUPAD. There are two parts to getting a CAAP RPAS License, the written exam and the practical exam. The CAAP RPAS License written exam will happen on July 22-24, 2021, to be followed by the practical exam in August 2021 (TBA).
CAAP RPAS license/certificate is required for commercial drone use in the Philippines. An operator shall not engage in aerial work operations unless in possession of a valid certificate of authorization issued by the Authority.
About Ultra Aerial Ventures Inc.
Ultra Aerial Ventures Inc. is a Davao-based corporation that offers drone training services. They’ve been working with CAAP to conduct RPAS License exams in Cebu, Davao, and Cagayan de Oro. Below are the corporate documents of Ultra Aerial Ventures Inc.
Here are the steps to getting a CAAP RPAS license/certificate.
- Take the aerial flight training and get the training certificate. Only a certified aerial flight trainer can provide it. Ultra Aerial Ventures Inc. is offering aerial flight training and certificate for P3,500 only.
- Submit all the requirements for CAAP RPAS license exam to Ultra Aerial Ventures Inc. More instructions below.
- Pay the CAAP RPAS license exam fees (written and/or practical).
- Take the CAAP RPAS license written exam.
- Take the CAAP RPAS license practical exam.
- Get the CAAP RPAS license/certificate.
Here are the requirements for the CAAP RPAS license exam.
- 2×2 ID picture with white background and collar shirt (passport-grade photos only)
- Signature specimen (3 signature in 1 clean bond paper)
- Filled in form 542 application downloadable on the CAAP website here (please fill in the first page only)
- Drone specification (clear picture)
- Drone whole body (clear picture)
- Drone serial number (clear picture)
- Aerial flight training certificate – 5 hours and basic drone laws and regulations (additional P3,500 for getting the aerial flight training certificate if not yet available)
Please email all the requirements to [email protected] for assessment before payment.
CAAP RPAS Exam Fee:
- The CAAP RPAS license written exam fee is P7,500.00. There will be a separate fee for the practical (hands-on) exam if you passed the written exam.
Early Bird Promo:
- Get P1,000.00 discount (written exam fee is P6,500.00 only) if you pay on or before June 30, 2021.
- You will receive a Statement of Account if you passed all the requirements. Payment details on how / where to pay will be shared with you in the Statement of Account.
The deadline of the requirements along with the payment fee is on or before July 5, 2021.
If you passed the CAAP RPAS license written examination, the next part is the practical exam in August 2021. The practical exam will have a different fee and will be the final requirement to get the CAAP RPAS license.
Written Exam Date and Venue:
The written exam will be conducted on July 22-24, 2021. You can choose which day and time you want to take the written exam. It only takes around 15 minutes to finish the written exam.
The exam venue is still being finalized, either Informatics College or STI College in Cagayan de Oro.
Here are some photos of the recently conducted CAAP RPAS license written exams.
Here are some photos of the recently conducted CAAP RPAS license practical exams.