VIDEO: 10 Amazing Reasons to Explore Occidental Mindoro
Dubbed as the “Marine Wonderland” of the Philippines, explore the wonders of Occidental Mindoro known for its virgin forests, cascading waterfalls, beautiful white sand beaches, islands and islets rich in marine life, coral gardens, and mysterious caves.
Here are 10 amazing reasons to explore Occidental Mindoro:
- Discover Apo Reef, the world’s second contiguous reef. It spreads over an area of 34 square kilometers and home to highly diverse coral and marine species.
- Snorkel and dive in many spots: Ego Wall, Mabuti, Aladin and Coral Garden.
- A large boat with crew and own speedboat will take you around the sites.
- Dive in shipwrecks.
- Fresh, delicious meals and cold beers are served by the crew.
- Stroll along the boardwalk inside the Apo Reef National Park.
- Explore the shallow lagoon surrounded by mangrove forests.
- Climb the historical Apo Reef Lighthouse and see the whole island from the top.
- Snorkel in clear blue waters of Pandan Island and swim with giant sea turtles.
- Ride the longest island to island zipline in the world.
Occidental Mindoro (Filipino: Kanlurang Mindoro, Spanish: Mindoro Occidental) is a province in the Philippines located in the MIMAROPA (Occidental Mindoro, Oriental Mindoro, Marinduque, Romblon and Palawan) region.
Drone pilot: Mirco Basile & Tere Borillo